Monday, November 21, 2011

Popsicle stick crafts and DIY chair

Hello,

         My kid(5 yrs) wanted a project for his school, his topic being animals and their shelters.. I went to a fancy store , with no idea in mind as to what to do ! then I saw popsicle sticks and decided- that is it.Just a quick view of  the project


The Kennel, Stable and Shed were made with popsicle stick ,Den with POP and Coop with Pear fruit cover.

      After we finished it, my kid got hooked on to the sticks and wanted more with it.So I helped him making these wall hanging and photo frame.. the flowers on them are recycled from old flower vase and card.
Sending it to Lessology-Hanging mobile




To my surprise, he came out with great idea of key holder!!The above one is completely his own attempt!!
Sending all three to For the love of crafting- Hang it out

This week end we tried this triangular pen stand      


 a photo of how butterfly was done..

Today's Tutorial

          We will see how to make a chair with popsicle sticks.This is not my own idea, saw a photo on the net and tried on my own.

Cut  a stick in half and paste as shown.Glue another stick on top of that..we need 2 sets like this
 Now place 6-7 sticks on the 2 legs.This would nt stand ,so support it with a box.
 After it is dried, glue 2 sticks facing top, starting from the leg
 Now, place them down and glue 4-5 sticks
After it is dry, make it stand.. Your popsicle stick stand is ready!!
 

These days, my posts are picture heavy and taking more time to post!! Finally, I have a new poll in my side bar.. Please vote to see more of the tutorials you like... :))
I am linking it to

http://coloursdekor.blogspot.com/


http://www.homemakeronadime.com/


Thanks for visiting
-Priya

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priya I love this post of yours. The animal shelters are awesome and the popsicle craft fantastic-- the chair is an awesome idea but I love love your sons work-- He is one smart chap! Do post closeup shots of the animal shelters-- so many moms like us google online for their kids and it will surely help somebody
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the way you have used the popsicle stick to create so many fun things ,the chair is my definite favorite and the triangular pen stand too....thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the way you have used the popsicle sticks ...
    The chair is awesome ...
    its a nice gift idea to :)
    thanks a lot for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I like the key chain holder idea the most! Such a creative thought! Animal shelter project is done so b'ful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww your son is so adorable. Love his little mobile...especially the added flowers. Thank you so much for playing with us at LESSology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow cool creations. Love the idea of using popsicle sticks in such a creative way.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
    http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The animals and shelter project is really superb:)Is it a competition in the school? If so he would surely be the winner.. On seeing this project I remember my school days project..I won the first and best done project like this for the topic pollution.. But that was for higher class.. All the hangings with the sticks are very nice.. Your son is also very creative like you :) Being five year old he has made a key holder..Thats so nice.. Pen holders and chair are superb:) Good idea..

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such cute projects! Your son is so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..ur son is so creative.Nice to see boys interested in crafts,all are beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along in :For the love of crafting"challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The project looks so good!!. Such a lot of ideas I can use.Your son is just as creative as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok. Its official that you have moved and settled in quite nicely too! :) Welcome back!
    Great projects and fab interpretations by your son too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing!!! you've barely settled in...and already up and creating!!! I would take weeks!!
    Fabulous stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  14. really wonderful project... love it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative.Very beautiful and innovative.Enjoyed this post too like others

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Priya! You n your son used popsicle in so many ways...Specially the key holder and chair are amazing. Very creative post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just reminded me of my school days.... When we were taught to make these artifacts like the pen stand, the wall hanging etc., Neat & clean projects.... :D

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing!!! i super like the animals and their shelter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful project from a 5 year old. Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  20. really SWEET...love that your boy played along! Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He did an amazing job! Great mobile!
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Priya.. This is awesome.. Pen stand with Icecream sticks is awesome.. I am also going to try that.. BTW, my Sister In Law has already done 3 quilled earrings as I showed the earrings that I got from you y'day.. :) Quilling is spreading!! My frnd has aksed for a quilling kit.

    - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Having read this I thought it was really informative.
    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to
    put this article together. I once again find myself
    spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving comments.

    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

    Feel free to surf to my page :: cheap legal highs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your website in web
    explorer, may test this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a
    large element of folks will miss your wonderful writing because of this problem.



    My blog industrial plumbing Gauteng

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful. I loved photoframe. Check my blog for popsick art pen stand kalahaat-handwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time in appreciating my work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...